May 11, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
After leaving last night’s game with a strained left oblique, Blue Jays outfielder Rajai Davis was placed on the 15-day disabled list this morning.
Davis told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that the injury has been nagging him since earlier this week, but he appeared to aggravate it when he grounded out in the fourth inning last night. Oblique injuries tend to heal slowly, so attempting to play through the pain can be counterproductive. He’ll now get some extended rest.
Davis, 32, is batting .284/.326/.395 with one home run, four RBI and a .721 OPS in 87 plate appearances this season. He’s tied for third in the American League with eight stolen bases.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)