May 11, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
After leaving last night’s game with a strained left oblique, Blue Jays outfielder Rajai Davis was placed on the 15-day disabled list this morning.
Davis told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that the injury has been nagging him since earlier this week, but he appeared to aggravate it when he grounded out in the fourth inning last night. Oblique injuries tend to heal slowly, so attempting to play through the pain can be counterproductive. He’ll now get some extended rest.
Davis, 32, is batting .284/.326/.395 with one home run, four RBI and a .721 OPS in 87 plate appearances this season. He’s tied for third in the American League with eight stolen bases.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)