May 11, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
After leaving last night’s game with a strained left oblique, Blue Jays outfielder Rajai Davis was placed on the 15-day disabled list this morning.
Davis told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that the injury has been nagging him since earlier this week, but he appeared to aggravate it when he grounded out in the fourth inning last night. Oblique injuries tend to heal slowly, so attempting to play through the pain can be counterproductive. He’ll now get some extended rest.
Davis, 32, is batting .284/.326/.395 with one home run, four RBI and a .721 OPS in 87 plate appearances this season. He’s tied for third in the American League with eight stolen bases.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)