May 12, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Humber opened the 2013 regular season in the Astros’ rotation but got demoted to the bullpen after seven disastrous starts. He wound up posting an 0-8 record, 9.59 ERA and 2.02 WHIP in 35 2/3 innings (seven starts, two relief appearances) with Houston.
The Astros signed right-handed reliever Edgar Gonzalez to fill the vacant roster spot. Gonzalez was designated for assignment last Thursday by the Blue Jays and elected to become a free agent.
Humber threw a perfect game for the White Sox on April 21, 2012, but he has been awful since.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)