May 12, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Humber opened the 2013 regular season in the Astros’ rotation but got demoted to the bullpen after seven disastrous starts. He wound up posting an 0-8 record, 9.59 ERA and 2.02 WHIP in 35 2/3 innings (seven starts, two relief appearances) with Houston.
The Astros signed right-handed reliever Edgar Gonzalez to fill the vacant roster spot. Gonzalez was designated for assignment last Thursday by the Blue Jays and elected to become a free agent.
Humber threw a perfect game for the White Sox on April 21, 2012, but he has been awful since.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)