May 12, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
The Brewers signed veteran reliever Francisco Rodriguez as a free agent on April 17. In the time since, “K-Rod” has been working his way back with Single-A Brevard County, with whom he made two appearances, striking out four and walking one in two innings. The right-hander was just promoted to Triple-A Nashville, per Adam McCalvy.
McCalvy also notes the Brewers have to decide on K-Rod’s fate by Thursday, so GM Doug Melvin will watch him pitch in Nashville on Monday and Tuesday.
Last year with the Brewers, Rodriguez posted a 4.38 in 72 innings.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17