May 12, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
The Brewers signed veteran reliever Francisco Rodriguez as a free agent on April 17. In the time since, “K-Rod” has been working his way back with Single-A Brevard County, with whom he made two appearances, striking out four and walking one in two innings. The right-hander was just promoted to Triple-A Nashville, per Adam McCalvy.
McCalvy also notes the Brewers have to decide on K-Rod’s fate by Thursday, so GM Doug Melvin will watch him pitch in Nashville on Monday and Tuesday.
Last year with the Brewers, Rodriguez posted a 4.38 in 72 innings.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)