May 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper sat out Friday and Saturday after undergoing a procedure to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot, but he’s back in action for Sunday’s series finale against the Cubs.
Harper felt some lingering discomfort in his toe while taking batting practice on Saturday afternoon, but he’s a trouper and it’s not like you can aggravate an ingrown toenail that has already been removed.
Harper, 20, is sporting a .302/.383/.629 batting line, 10 home runs and 21 RBI in 33 games this season. He has also scored 22 runs. The Nationals entered play Sunday with a 20-16 record — one game back of the Braves in the NL East standings.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)