May 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EST
Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper sat out Friday and Saturday after undergoing a procedure to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot, but he’s back in action for Sunday’s series finale against the Cubs.
Harper felt some lingering discomfort in his toe while taking batting practice on Saturday afternoon, but he’s a trouper and it’s not like you can aggravate an ingrown toenail that has already been removed.
Harper, 20, is sporting a .302/.383/.629 batting line, 10 home runs and 21 RBI in 33 games this season. He has also scored 22 runs. The Nationals entered play Sunday with a 20-16 record — one game back of the Braves in the NL East standings.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)