May 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Nationals right fielder Bryce Harper sat out Friday and Saturday after undergoing a procedure to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot, but he’s back in action for Sunday’s series finale against the Cubs.
Harper felt some lingering discomfort in his toe while taking batting practice on Saturday afternoon, but he’s a trouper and it’s not like you can aggravate an ingrown toenail that has already been removed.
Harper, 20, is sporting a .302/.383/.629 batting line, 10 home runs and 21 RBI in 33 games this season. He has also scored 22 runs. The Nationals entered play Sunday with a 20-16 record — one game back of the Braves in the NL East standings.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)