May 12, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Cardinals outfield prospect Oscar Taveras left today’s game against the Fresno Grizzlies with an ankle injury, tweets Joe Strauss. He suffered the injury attempting to steal a base in the ninth inning. As of yet, there are no details on the severity of the injury.
Taveras was rated the #3 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the season, and was hitting .314 entering the game. Taveras, getting his first taste of Triple-A competition this year, turns 21 next month.
Update (10:00 PM): Derrick Goold tweets…
— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) May 13, 2013
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 27
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)