May 12, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
Cardinals outfield prospect Oscar Taveras left today’s game against the Fresno Grizzlies with an ankle injury, tweets Joe Strauss. He suffered the injury attempting to steal a base in the ninth inning. As of yet, there are no details on the severity of the injury.
Taveras was rated the #3 overall prospect by both Baseball America and MLB.com entering the season, and was hitting .314 entering the game. Taveras, getting his first taste of Triple-A competition this year, turns 21 next month.
Update (10:00 PM): Derrick Goold tweets…
— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) May 13, 2013
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)