May 12, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Rockies right fielder Michael Cuddyer has not appeared in a game since Wednesday because of discomfort in his neck. And now it will be at least another 10 days before we see him again.
Cuddyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with what is officially being called an inflamed cervical disc. The move was made retroactive to May 9, so Cuddyer will be eligible for activation late next week.
Charlie Blackmon was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs to provide needed outfield depth.
Cuddyer, 34, was hitting .319/.383/.580 with seven home runs and 23 RBI through 31 games played.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)