May 12, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Rockies right fielder Michael Cuddyer has not appeared in a game since Wednesday because of discomfort in his neck. And now it will be at least another 10 days before we see him again.
Cuddyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with what is officially being called an inflamed cervical disc. The move was made retroactive to May 9, so Cuddyer will be eligible for activation late next week.
Charlie Blackmon was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs to provide needed outfield depth.
Cuddyer, 34, was hitting .319/.383/.580 with seven home runs and 23 RBI through 31 games played.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)