May 12, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Rockies right fielder Michael Cuddyer has not appeared in a game since Wednesday because of discomfort in his neck. And now it will be at least another 10 days before we see him again.
Cuddyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with what is officially being called an inflamed cervical disc. The move was made retroactive to May 9, so Cuddyer will be eligible for activation late next week.
Charlie Blackmon was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs to provide needed outfield depth.
Cuddyer, 34, was hitting .319/.383/.580 with seven home runs and 23 RBI through 31 games played.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)