May 12, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Rockies right fielder Michael Cuddyer has not appeared in a game since Wednesday because of discomfort in his neck. And now it will be at least another 10 days before we see him again.
Cuddyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with what is officially being called an inflamed cervical disc. The move was made retroactive to May 9, so Cuddyer will be eligible for activation late next week.
Charlie Blackmon was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs to provide needed outfield depth.
Cuddyer, 34, was hitting .319/.383/.580 with seven home runs and 23 RBI through 31 games played.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (219)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)