May 12, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Rockies right fielder Michael Cuddyer has not appeared in a game since Wednesday because of discomfort in his neck. And now it will be at least another 10 days before we see him again.
Cuddyer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with what is officially being called an inflamed cervical disc. The move was made retroactive to May 9, so Cuddyer will be eligible for activation late next week.
Charlie Blackmon was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs to provide needed outfield depth.
Cuddyer, 34, was hitting .319/.383/.580 with seven home runs and 23 RBI through 31 games played.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 73
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)