May 12, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Mets outfielder Juan Lagares hasn’t hit much in his limited playing time — he has a .419 OPS in 33 trips to the plate — but opened some eyes and dropped some balls with a catch in the third inning of this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Opposing pitcher Jeanmar Gomez led off the inning against Mets starter Matt Harvey. Gomez lined an 88 MPH slider to Lagares in center, who appeared to make a shoestring snag, but he bobbled the ball as he attempted to steady himself. He quickly clutched after the ball and grabbed it again before it could hit the ground.
Watch the play:
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11