May 12, 2013, 8:55 PM EST
Mets outfielder Juan Lagares hasn’t hit much in his limited playing time — he has a .419 OPS in 33 trips to the plate — but opened some eyes and dropped some balls with a catch in the third inning of this afternoon’s game against the Pirates.
Opposing pitcher Jeanmar Gomez led off the inning against Mets starter Matt Harvey. Gomez lined an 88 MPH slider to Lagares in center, who appeared to make a shoestring snag, but he bobbled the ball as he attempted to steady himself. He quickly clutched after the ball and grabbed it again before it could hit the ground.
Watch the play:
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)