May 12, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Angels reliever Ryan Madson may join the team soon as he gets ready to make a rehab start with Single-A Inland Empire tomorrow. Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times reports Madson hit 94 MPH with his fastball during an extended spring training game yesterday and may only need to make one rehab start before rejoining his team.
Madson hasn’t thrown a pitch in the Majors since September 28, 2011 with the Phillies. He signed with the Reds for the 2012 season on a one-year, $8.5 million deal but had to have Tommy John surgery on his right elbow and missed the entire regular season. The Angels picked him up during the off-season on a one-year, $3.5 million deal hoping for better luck. When he was healthy, he was one of the most dominant relievers in baseball, but he is now 32 years old.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)