May 12, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez looked absolutely finished just a handful of weeks ago. But something has clicked.
The Indians right-hander allowed just one earned run on three hits over six innings Saturday in Cleveland’s 7-6 defeat of the Tigers and now boasts a 3-0 record, 1.45 ERA, 0.857 WHIP and 20/6 K/BB ratio over his last 18 2/3 innings (three starts).
Maybe Jimenez has run into a patch of good luck, or maybe he’s rediscovering some of his old form.
Ubaldo posted a 2.88 ERA and struck out 214 batters over 221 2/3 innings in 2010 as the ace of the Rockies.
The 29-year-old will take on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park next time out.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 22
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 138
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (138)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)