May 12, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez looked absolutely finished just a handful of weeks ago. But something has clicked.
The Indians right-hander allowed just one earned run on three hits over six innings Saturday in Cleveland’s 7-6 defeat of the Tigers and now boasts a 3-0 record, 1.45 ERA, 0.857 WHIP and 20/6 K/BB ratio over his last 18 2/3 innings (three starts).
Maybe Jimenez has run into a patch of good luck, or maybe he’s rediscovering some of his old form.
Ubaldo posted a 2.88 ERA and struck out 214 batters over 221 2/3 innings in 2010 as the ace of the Rockies.
The 29-year-old will take on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park next time out.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)