May 12, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez looked absolutely finished just a handful of weeks ago. But something has clicked.
The Indians right-hander allowed just one earned run on three hits over six innings Saturday in Cleveland’s 7-6 defeat of the Tigers and now boasts a 3-0 record, 1.45 ERA, 0.857 WHIP and 20/6 K/BB ratio over his last 18 2/3 innings (three starts).
Maybe Jimenez has run into a patch of good luck, or maybe he’s rediscovering some of his old form.
Ubaldo posted a 2.88 ERA and struck out 214 batters over 221 2/3 innings in 2010 as the ace of the Rockies.
The 29-year-old will take on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park next time out.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39