May 12, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez looked absolutely finished just a handful of weeks ago. But something has clicked.
The Indians right-hander allowed just one earned run on three hits over six innings Saturday in Cleveland’s 7-6 defeat of the Tigers and now boasts a 3-0 record, 1.45 ERA, 0.857 WHIP and 20/6 K/BB ratio over his last 18 2/3 innings (three starts).
Maybe Jimenez has run into a patch of good luck, or maybe he’s rediscovering some of his old form.
Ubaldo posted a 2.88 ERA and struck out 214 batters over 221 2/3 innings in 2010 as the ace of the Rockies.
The 29-year-old will take on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park next time out.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)