May 13, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Watching the Tigers-Indians game yesterday and noticed that Chris Perez was warming up to come into a close, extra-innings game. Then he sat down and Terry Francona went with a combo of Rich Hill and Cody Allen in the 10th. What gives?
While warming up in the bullpen in the top of the ninth, Perez felt stiffness in his right shoulder and alerted bullpen coach Kevin Cash.
The Indians are playing a doubleheader against the Yankees today and Perez expects to be available. He said that, yesterday, it was just a matter of being cautious. It’s also possible that the cold weather in Detroit had something to do with it all. Worth watching, however.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 16
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (136)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)