May 13, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Watching the Tigers-Indians game yesterday and noticed that Chris Perez was warming up to come into a close, extra-innings game. Then he sat down and Terry Francona went with a combo of Rich Hill and Cody Allen in the 10th. What gives?
While warming up in the bullpen in the top of the ninth, Perez felt stiffness in his right shoulder and alerted bullpen coach Kevin Cash.
The Indians are playing a doubleheader against the Yankees today and Perez expects to be available. He said that, yesterday, it was just a matter of being cautious. It’s also possible that the cold weather in Detroit had something to do with it all. Worth watching, however.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)