May 13, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Watching the Tigers-Indians game yesterday and noticed that Chris Perez was warming up to come into a close, extra-innings game. Then he sat down and Terry Francona went with a combo of Rich Hill and Cody Allen in the 10th. What gives?
While warming up in the bullpen in the top of the ninth, Perez felt stiffness in his right shoulder and alerted bullpen coach Kevin Cash.
The Indians are playing a doubleheader against the Yankees today and Perez expects to be available. He said that, yesterday, it was just a matter of being cautious. It’s also possible that the cold weather in Detroit had something to do with it all. Worth watching, however.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)