May 13, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
What you missed while you were beating on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past, while watching 23 straight showings of a most silly and inappropriate film adaptation:
- They imposed a No Mo Zone in Kansas City
- Roy Halladay apologized
- The Marlins should apologize
- Just when you thought you were rid of Chris Carpenter
- Just when you thought you were rid of Roy Oswalt
- We are rid of Joel Hanrahan, at least for this season
- Bryce Harper’s swing, broken down
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey and Shelby Miller
- Jordany Valdespin is gonna have to learn everything the hard way, it seems
- Is Manny Machado on the same level as Harper and Trout?
- Hotel, Dotel, Holliday Innnnn …. next to Dr. Andrews’ office
- Ortiz and Shaugnessy ought to just kiss already to cut this tension
- Carlos Zambrano in Philly would fantastic. Unfortunately it isn’t gonna happen
- Should the Phillies trade Ryan Howard?
- Joba Chamberlain and Mariano Rivera had a little spat
- But then they made up
- Lots of near-perfect games this year. I suppose no one wants to actually throw one so they don’t end up DFA’d like Phil Humber.
- What the hell has gotten into James Loney?
- Albert Pujols has helped fix Mike Trout. Now when will he help fix Albert Pujols?
- Gotta love bro hugs.
- Anthony Rizzo got a seven-year extension.
- Derek Lowe is no fan of sabermetrics.
What’s the next weekend we waste? Star Trek? I assume it’s Star Trek.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)