May 13, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
What you missed while you were beating on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past, while watching 23 straight showings of a most silly and inappropriate film adaptation:
- They imposed a No Mo Zone in Kansas City
- Roy Halladay apologized
- The Marlins should apologize
- Just when you thought you were rid of Chris Carpenter
- Just when you thought you were rid of Roy Oswalt
- We are rid of Joel Hanrahan, at least for this season
- Bryce Harper’s swing, broken down
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey and Shelby Miller
- Jordany Valdespin is gonna have to learn everything the hard way, it seems
- Is Manny Machado on the same level as Harper and Trout?
- Hotel, Dotel, Holliday Innnnn …. next to Dr. Andrews’ office
- Ortiz and Shaugnessy ought to just kiss already to cut this tension
- Carlos Zambrano in Philly would fantastic. Unfortunately it isn’t gonna happen
- Should the Phillies trade Ryan Howard?
- Joba Chamberlain and Mariano Rivera had a little spat
- But then they made up
- Lots of near-perfect games this year. I suppose no one wants to actually throw one so they don’t end up DFA’d like Phil Humber.
- What the hell has gotten into James Loney?
- Albert Pujols has helped fix Mike Trout. Now when will he help fix Albert Pujols?
- Gotta love bro hugs.
- Anthony Rizzo got a seven-year extension.
- Derek Lowe is no fan of sabermetrics.
What’s the next weekend we waste? Star Trek? I assume it’s Star Trek.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)