May 13, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
What you missed while you were beating on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past, while watching 23 straight showings of a most silly and inappropriate film adaptation:
- They imposed a No Mo Zone in Kansas City
- Roy Halladay apologized
- The Marlins should apologize
- Just when you thought you were rid of Chris Carpenter
- Just when you thought you were rid of Roy Oswalt
- We are rid of Joel Hanrahan, at least for this season
- Bryce Harper’s swing, broken down
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey and Shelby Miller
- Jordany Valdespin is gonna have to learn everything the hard way, it seems
- Is Manny Machado on the same level as Harper and Trout?
- Hotel, Dotel, Holliday Innnnn …. next to Dr. Andrews’ office
- Ortiz and Shaugnessy ought to just kiss already to cut this tension
- Carlos Zambrano in Philly would fantastic. Unfortunately it isn’t gonna happen
- Should the Phillies trade Ryan Howard?
- Joba Chamberlain and Mariano Rivera had a little spat
- But then they made up
- Lots of near-perfect games this year. I suppose no one wants to actually throw one so they don’t end up DFA’d like Phil Humber.
- What the hell has gotten into James Loney?
- Albert Pujols has helped fix Mike Trout. Now when will he help fix Albert Pujols?
- Gotta love bro hugs.
- Anthony Rizzo got a seven-year extension.
- Derek Lowe is no fan of sabermetrics.
What’s the next weekend we waste? Star Trek? I assume it’s Star Trek.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)