May 13, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
What you missed while you were beating on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past, while watching 23 straight showings of a most silly and inappropriate film adaptation:
- They imposed a No Mo Zone in Kansas City
- Roy Halladay apologized
- The Marlins should apologize
- Just when you thought you were rid of Chris Carpenter
- Just when you thought you were rid of Roy Oswalt
- We are rid of Joel Hanrahan, at least for this season
- Bryce Harper’s swing, broken down
- Posnanski on Matt Harvey and Shelby Miller
- Jordany Valdespin is gonna have to learn everything the hard way, it seems
- Is Manny Machado on the same level as Harper and Trout?
- Hotel, Dotel, Holliday Innnnn …. next to Dr. Andrews’ office
- Ortiz and Shaugnessy ought to just kiss already to cut this tension
- Carlos Zambrano in Philly would fantastic. Unfortunately it isn’t gonna happen
- Should the Phillies trade Ryan Howard?
- Joba Chamberlain and Mariano Rivera had a little spat
- But then they made up
- Lots of near-perfect games this year. I suppose no one wants to actually throw one so they don’t end up DFA’d like Phil Humber.
- What the hell has gotten into James Loney?
- Albert Pujols has helped fix Mike Trout. Now when will he help fix Albert Pujols?
- Gotta love bro hugs.
- Anthony Rizzo got a seven-year extension.
- Derek Lowe is no fan of sabermetrics.
What’s the next weekend we waste? Star Trek? I assume it’s Star Trek.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)