May 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Jon Niese has been knocked around for 15 runs in his last two starts and now maybe we know why.
Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that Niese has been pitching through a neck injury all month and the left-hander admitted that it has caused him to alter his mechanics in a negative way by dropping his arm slot.
Niese told Martino that he plans to “do drills to get that muscle memory back” during his between-starts bullpen session. His next start is scheduled for Thursday against the Cardinals, who’ve scored the fourth-most runs in the league.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)