May 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Josh Reddick landed on the disabled list last week with a nagging injury to his right wrist, but there’s still no clarity on when he’ll be ready to rejoin the Athletics’ lineup.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that Reddick will likely wait about a week before picking up a bat. If he’s still having discomfort, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of having surgery.
Of course, wrist issues are nothing new with Reddick, as he previously had surgery on his left wrist following the 2011 season and needed two months of recovery time. If a similar procedure is required with his right wrist, that would take him out of action until after the All-Star break.
Coco Crisp and Chris Young are also on the disabled list at the moment, so the A’s are currently using an outfield alignment of Brandon Moss, Yoenis Cespedes, and Seth Smith. Crisp could return as soon as Wednesday while Young’s status is uncertain.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (127)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)