May 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EST
Josh Reddick landed on the disabled list last week with a nagging injury to his right wrist, but there’s still no clarity on when he’ll be ready to rejoin the Athletics’ lineup.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that Reddick will likely wait about a week before picking up a bat. If he’s still having discomfort, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of having surgery.
Of course, wrist issues are nothing new with Reddick, as he previously had surgery on his left wrist following the 2011 season and needed two months of recovery time. If a similar procedure is required with his right wrist, that would take him out of action until after the All-Star break.
Coco Crisp and Chris Young are also on the disabled list at the moment, so the A’s are currently using an outfield alignment of Brandon Moss, Yoenis Cespedes, and Seth Smith. Crisp could return as soon as Wednesday while Young’s status is uncertain.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)