May 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Josh Reddick landed on the disabled list last week with a nagging injury to his right wrist, but there’s still no clarity on when he’ll be ready to rejoin the Athletics’ lineup.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that Reddick will likely wait about a week before picking up a bat. If he’s still having discomfort, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of having surgery.
Of course, wrist issues are nothing new with Reddick, as he previously had surgery on his left wrist following the 2011 season and needed two months of recovery time. If a similar procedure is required with his right wrist, that would take him out of action until after the All-Star break.
Coco Crisp and Chris Young are also on the disabled list at the moment, so the A’s are currently using an outfield alignment of Brandon Moss, Yoenis Cespedes, and Seth Smith. Crisp could return as soon as Wednesday while Young’s status is uncertain.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 0
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 7
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 31
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)