May 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Josh Reddick landed on the disabled list last week with a nagging injury to his right wrist, but there’s still no clarity on when he’ll be ready to rejoin the Athletics’ lineup.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that Reddick will likely wait about a week before picking up a bat. If he’s still having discomfort, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of having surgery.
Of course, wrist issues are nothing new with Reddick, as he previously had surgery on his left wrist following the 2011 season and needed two months of recovery time. If a similar procedure is required with his right wrist, that would take him out of action until after the All-Star break.
Coco Crisp and Chris Young are also on the disabled list at the moment, so the A’s are currently using an outfield alignment of Brandon Moss, Yoenis Cespedes, and Seth Smith. Crisp could return as soon as Wednesday while Young’s status is uncertain.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 18
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)