May 13, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Josh Reddick landed on the disabled list last week with a nagging injury to his right wrist, but there’s still no clarity on when he’ll be ready to rejoin the Athletics’ lineup.
Jane Lee of MLB.com reports that Reddick will likely wait about a week before picking up a bat. If he’s still having discomfort, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of having surgery.
Of course, wrist issues are nothing new with Reddick, as he previously had surgery on his left wrist following the 2011 season and needed two months of recovery time. If a similar procedure is required with his right wrist, that would take him out of action until after the All-Star break.
Coco Crisp and Chris Young are also on the disabled list at the moment, so the A’s are currently using an outfield alignment of Brandon Moss, Yoenis Cespedes, and Seth Smith. Crisp could return as soon as Wednesday while Young’s status is uncertain.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)