May 13, 2013, 2:51 PM EST
Cleveland and New York are playing a doubleheader today and the Indians took Game 1 behind a complete-game shutout by Justin Masterson, who improves to 6-2 with a 3.14 ERA on the season. Jason Kipnis‘ solo homer in the first inning ended up being the only scoring in a 1-0 game.
Masterson’s complete-game shutout is just the eighth thrown against the Yankees since 2005:
Justin Masterson 2013 Felix Hernandez 2012 Dan Haren 2011 Felix Hernandez 2010 Roy Halladay 2009 Roy Halladay 2008 Jon Lester 2008 Roy Halladay 2005
Masterson previously shut out the White Sox on April 21, so he now has two of the American League’s eight shutouts this year.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 234
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (236)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)