May 13, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Pittsburgh activated Neil Walker from the disabled list after the second baseman missed three weeks with a lacerated finger.
Walker needed six stitches after being spiked by Cardinals shortstop Pete Kozma on April 27.
After initially turning to Brandon Inge at second base in Walker’s absence the Pirates moved on to Jordy Mercer. But despite hitting three homers in nine games Mercer is headed back to Triple-A to make room on the roster for Walker.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)