May 13, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
It’s unclear how the Tigers will replace him in center field. Don Kelly started there in each of the past two games Jackson missed, but it seems unlikely that even Jim Leyland is obsessed enough with Kelly to keep that going. Torii Hunter could slide over from right field or Andy Dirks could slide over from left field, but whatever the case the Tigers are going to suffer defensively.
Garcia has also played some center field in the minors, but he’s been a corner outfielder this season while hitting .426 with two homers and a 1.076 OPS in 14 games.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)