May 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson has been away from the Angels on bereavement leave following the death of his step-brother and the team announced that he’ll miss a second start.
Hanson technically had to be transferred to the restricted list because the bereavement list only allows a maximum absence of seven days. He was previously on the bereavement list from April 22-28.
Barry Enright will get another start in Hanson’s absence and manager Mike Scioscia told Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that there’s “no timetable yet” for Hanson’s return.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)