May 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson has been away from the Angels on bereavement leave following the death of his step-brother and the team announced that he’ll miss a second start.
Hanson technically had to be transferred to the restricted list because the bereavement list only allows a maximum absence of seven days. He was previously on the bereavement list from April 22-28.
Barry Enright will get another start in Hanson’s absence and manager Mike Scioscia told Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that there’s “no timetable yet” for Hanson’s return.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12