May 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson has been away from the Angels on bereavement leave following the death of his step-brother and the team announced that he’ll miss a second start.
Hanson technically had to be transferred to the restricted list because the bereavement list only allows a maximum absence of seven days. He was previously on the bereavement list from April 22-28.
Barry Enright will get another start in Hanson’s absence and manager Mike Scioscia told Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that there’s “no timetable yet” for Hanson’s return.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)