May 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Tommy Hanson has been away from the Angels on bereavement leave following the death of his step-brother and the team announced that he’ll miss a second start.
Hanson technically had to be transferred to the restricted list because the bereavement list only allows a maximum absence of seven days. He was previously on the bereavement list from April 22-28.
Barry Enright will get another start in Hanson’s absence and manager Mike Scioscia told Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that there’s “no timetable yet” for Hanson’s return.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (156)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)