May 13, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Tommy Hanson has been away from the Angels on bereavement leave following the death of his step-brother and the team announced that he’ll miss a second start.
Hanson technically had to be transferred to the restricted list because the bereavement list only allows a maximum absence of seven days. He was previously on the bereavement list from April 22-28.
Barry Enright will get another start in Hanson’s absence and manager Mike Scioscia told Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that there’s “no timetable yet” for Hanson’s return.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)