May 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Brennan Boesch, who signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Yankees after being released by the Tigers in the middle of spring training, has been demoted to Triple-A.
Boesch hit just .205 with two homers and a .680 OPS in 19 games for the Yankees, which is pretty similar to his underwhelming production for the Tigers last season. His demotion clears the way for Curtis Granderson to return from the disabled list, which is expected to happen in time for tomorrow’s game.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)