May 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch, who signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Yankees after being released by the Tigers in the middle of spring training, has been demoted to Triple-A.
Boesch hit just .205 with two homers and a .680 OPS in 19 games for the Yankees, which is pretty similar to his underwhelming production for the Tigers last season. His demotion clears the way for Curtis Granderson to return from the disabled list, which is expected to happen in time for tomorrow’s game.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)