May 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch, who signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Yankees after being released by the Tigers in the middle of spring training, has been demoted to Triple-A.
Boesch hit just .205 with two homers and a .680 OPS in 19 games for the Yankees, which is pretty similar to his underwhelming production for the Tigers last season. His demotion clears the way for Curtis Granderson to return from the disabled list, which is expected to happen in time for tomorrow’s game.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)