May 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brennan Boesch, who signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Yankees after being released by the Tigers in the middle of spring training, has been demoted to Triple-A.
Boesch hit just .205 with two homers and a .680 OPS in 19 games for the Yankees, which is pretty similar to his underwhelming production for the Tigers last season. His demotion clears the way for Curtis Granderson to return from the disabled list, which is expected to happen in time for tomorrow’s game.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 3
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 180
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (180)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)