May 13, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Brennan Boesch, who signed a one-year, $1.5 million deal with the Yankees after being released by the Tigers in the middle of spring training, has been demoted to Triple-A.
Boesch hit just .205 with two homers and a .680 OPS in 19 games for the Yankees, which is pretty similar to his underwhelming production for the Tigers last season. His demotion clears the way for Curtis Granderson to return from the disabled list, which is expected to happen in time for tomorrow’s game.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)