May 14, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Twins center fielder Aaron Hicks has had a pretty lousy year at the plate so far, but he sure had a night to remember last night against the White Sox.
He took Sox starter Hector Santiago deep twice last night, both solo shots, one in the fourth and one in the sixth. But the highlight of the night for Hicks came just before that second homer. Adam Dunn came up to bat and the Donkey blasted one to center, on a trajectory that woulda taken it out of the yard and tied the game. Hicks wasn’t having it, however:
That’s about a 410 foot drive, I reckon.
It’s been a rough start for the kid. But even if he was hit by a bus tomorrow, he has had a better night than most guys ever will. Love to see that kind of thing.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)