May 14, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
Twins center fielder Aaron Hicks has had a pretty lousy year at the plate so far, but he sure had a night to remember last night against the White Sox.
He took Sox starter Hector Santiago deep twice last night, both solo shots, one in the fourth and one in the sixth. But the highlight of the night for Hicks came just before that second homer. Adam Dunn came up to bat and the Donkey blasted one to center, on a trajectory that woulda taken it out of the yard and tied the game. Hicks wasn’t having it, however:
That’s about a 410 foot drive, I reckon.
It’s been a rough start for the kid. But even if he was hit by a bus tomorrow, he has had a better night than most guys ever will. Love to see that kind of thing.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)