May 14, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Twins center fielder Aaron Hicks has had a pretty lousy year at the plate so far, but he sure had a night to remember last night against the White Sox.
He took Sox starter Hector Santiago deep twice last night, both solo shots, one in the fourth and one in the sixth. But the highlight of the night for Hicks came just before that second homer. Adam Dunn came up to bat and the Donkey blasted one to center, on a trajectory that woulda taken it out of the yard and tied the game. Hicks wasn’t having it, however:
That’s about a 410 foot drive, I reckon.
It’s been a rough start for the kid. But even if he was hit by a bus tomorrow, he has had a better night than most guys ever will. Love to see that kind of thing.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)