May 14, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
Twins center fielder Aaron Hicks has had a pretty lousy year at the plate so far, but he sure had a night to remember last night against the White Sox.
He took Sox starter Hector Santiago deep twice last night, both solo shots, one in the fourth and one in the sixth. But the highlight of the night for Hicks came just before that second homer. Adam Dunn came up to bat and the Donkey blasted one to center, on a trajectory that woulda taken it out of the yard and tied the game. Hicks wasn’t having it, however:
That’s about a 410 foot drive, I reckon.
It’s been a rough start for the kid. But even if he was hit by a bus tomorrow, he has had a better night than most guys ever will. Love to see that kind of thing.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)