May 14, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Aaron Hill was expected to miss 4-6 weeks when he was placed on the disabled list with a broken left hand on April 15, but a month later his recovery hasn’t progressed much at all.
Hill has yet to resume baseball activities and manager Kirk Gibson described the results of a recent CT scan as “inconclusive … probably not as good as news as we’d hope.”
Hill actually spent an entire week on the active roster after breaking his hand because the Diamondbacks thought it was a minor injury and let the second baseman play through it. And now it looks like he’s going to miss at least two months.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)