May 14, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Having watched the play occur live and then a couple dozen times on replay I’m not sure how Bryce Harper could possibly have avoided some sort of significant injury while crashing full speed, face first into the outfield wall last night. But apparently he did.
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that X-rays came back negative and Harper has been diagnosed with a bruised left shoulder and left knee. He passed a concussion test immediately after the collision, didn’t lose any teeth, and was only bleeding from a laceration on his neck.
If you haven’t seen the play yet, here’s MLB.com’s video:
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)