May 14, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Having watched the play occur live and then a couple dozen times on replay I’m not sure how Bryce Harper could possibly have avoided some sort of significant injury while crashing full speed, face first into the outfield wall last night. But apparently he did.
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that X-rays came back negative and Harper has been diagnosed with a bruised left shoulder and left knee. He passed a concussion test immediately after the collision, didn’t lose any teeth, and was only bleeding from a laceration on his neck.
If you haven’t seen the play yet, here’s MLB.com’s video:
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 9
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)