May 14, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Houston has placed second baseman Jose Altuve on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother. Players on bereavement leave must be inactive for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven days.
Altuve left last night’s game with a dislocated jaw that he immediately vowed to play through, but now he’ll be out of the lineup for at least a few days while being replaced on the roster by Triple-A call-up Jake Elmore.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)