May 14, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Houston has placed second baseman Jose Altuve on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother. Players on bereavement leave must be inactive for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven days.
Altuve left last night’s game with a dislocated jaw that he immediately vowed to play through, but now he’ll be out of the lineup for at least a few days while being replaced on the roster by Triple-A call-up Jake Elmore.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)