May 14, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Houston has placed second baseman Jose Altuve on the bereavement list following the death of his grandmother. Players on bereavement leave must be inactive for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven days.
Altuve left last night’s game with a dislocated jaw that he immediately vowed to play through, but now he’ll be out of the lineup for at least a few days while being replaced on the roster by Triple-A call-up Jake Elmore.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)