May 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s 2013 continued in its nightmarish fashion last night. He moved to 0-5 after losing to the Nats, giving up four runs — two earned — in three innings. His ERA went up to 5.19 and, as a capper, he “tweaked his groin,” which sounds way more fun than it actually is.
Beckett said after the game that he feels well enough to pitch, and Don Mattingly was rather vague about all of the “little stuff” that is currently ailing Beckett, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles says that the Dodgers may DL Beckett before tomorrow, which is when Zack Greinke is supposed to come off the DL to face the Nationals.
I’m no doctor, but I think Beckett presents as a classic case of “put him on the DL because he kinds sucks right now-itis.” It’s a curable disease, but one that definitely takes a lot out of the patient as it runs its course.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)