May 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s 2013 continued in its nightmarish fashion last night. He moved to 0-5 after losing to the Nats, giving up four runs — two earned — in three innings. His ERA went up to 5.19 and, as a capper, he “tweaked his groin,” which sounds way more fun than it actually is.
Beckett said after the game that he feels well enough to pitch, and Don Mattingly was rather vague about all of the “little stuff” that is currently ailing Beckett, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles says that the Dodgers may DL Beckett before tomorrow, which is when Zack Greinke is supposed to come off the DL to face the Nationals.
I’m no doctor, but I think Beckett presents as a classic case of “put him on the DL because he kinds sucks right now-itis.” It’s a curable disease, but one that definitely takes a lot out of the patient as it runs its course.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)