May 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s 2013 continued in its nightmarish fashion last night. He moved to 0-5 after losing to the Nats, giving up four runs — two earned — in three innings. His ERA went up to 5.19 and, as a capper, he “tweaked his groin,” which sounds way more fun than it actually is.
Beckett said after the game that he feels well enough to pitch, and Don Mattingly was rather vague about all of the “little stuff” that is currently ailing Beckett, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles says that the Dodgers may DL Beckett before tomorrow, which is when Zack Greinke is supposed to come off the DL to face the Nationals.
I’m no doctor, but I think Beckett presents as a classic case of “put him on the DL because he kinds sucks right now-itis.” It’s a curable disease, but one that definitely takes a lot out of the patient as it runs its course.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)