May 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Josh Beckett‘s 2013 continued in its nightmarish fashion last night. He moved to 0-5 after losing to the Nats, giving up four runs — two earned — in three innings. His ERA went up to 5.19 and, as a capper, he “tweaked his groin,” which sounds way more fun than it actually is.
Beckett said after the game that he feels well enough to pitch, and Don Mattingly was rather vague about all of the “little stuff” that is currently ailing Beckett, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles says that the Dodgers may DL Beckett before tomorrow, which is when Zack Greinke is supposed to come off the DL to face the Nationals.
I’m no doctor, but I think Beckett presents as a classic case of “put him on the DL because he kinds sucks right now-itis.” It’s a curable disease, but one that definitely takes a lot out of the patient as it runs its course.
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 35
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)