May 14, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s 2013 continued in its nightmarish fashion last night. He moved to 0-5 after losing to the Nats, giving up four runs — two earned — in three innings. His ERA went up to 5.19 and, as a capper, he “tweaked his groin,” which sounds way more fun than it actually is.
Beckett said after the game that he feels well enough to pitch, and Don Mattingly was rather vague about all of the “little stuff” that is currently ailing Beckett, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles says that the Dodgers may DL Beckett before tomorrow, which is when Zack Greinke is supposed to come off the DL to face the Nationals.
I’m no doctor, but I think Beckett presents as a classic case of “put him on the DL because he kinds sucks right now-itis.” It’s a curable disease, but one that definitely takes a lot out of the patient as it runs its course.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 8
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)