May 14, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton left last night’s game in seventh inning and afterward manager Mike Scioscia told reporters he was “a little lightheaded.”
Hamilton clarified things this morning, telling Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times: “I was not lightheaded. I was just sick.” In fact, according to Hamilton he’s been playing through an illness for the past 10 days and has been taking antibiotics since Saturday.
Hamilton has hit .200 with 10 strikeouts during the past 10 days, although he does have two homers and four doubles for a solid .486 slugging percentage. He was slugging below .300 before the sickness started.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45