May 14, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton left last night’s game in seventh inning and afterward manager Mike Scioscia told reporters he was “a little lightheaded.”
Hamilton clarified things this morning, telling Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times: “I was not lightheaded. I was just sick.” In fact, according to Hamilton he’s been playing through an illness for the past 10 days and has been taking antibiotics since Saturday.
Hamilton has hit .200 with 10 strikeouts during the past 10 days, although he does have two homers and four doubles for a solid .486 slugging percentage. He was slugging below .300 before the sickness started.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 39
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)