May 14, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
As expected the Orioles placed left-hander Wei-Yin Chen on the disabled list with an oblique injury suffered Sunday. And to take his spot on the roster and in the rotation Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’re calling up right-hander Jair Jurrjens from Triple-A.
Jurrjens hasn’t been healthy and effective since mid-2011 and his original contract with the Orioles was voided and turned into a minor-league deal when doctors didn’t like what they saw with his right knee.
He’s been healthy in the minors and his 3.14 ERA looks pretty, but a 36/15 K/BB ratio in 52 innings against Triple-A hitters isn’t particularly impressive. According to Rosenthal he’ll make his Orioles debut Saturday versus the Rays.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)