May 14, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
As expected the Orioles placed left-hander Wei-Yin Chen on the disabled list with an oblique injury suffered Sunday. And to take his spot on the roster and in the rotation Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’re calling up right-hander Jair Jurrjens from Triple-A.
Jurrjens hasn’t been healthy and effective since mid-2011 and his original contract with the Orioles was voided and turned into a minor-league deal when doctors didn’t like what they saw with his right knee.
He’s been healthy in the minors and his 3.14 ERA looks pretty, but a 36/15 K/BB ratio in 52 innings against Triple-A hitters isn’t particularly impressive. According to Rosenthal he’ll make his Orioles debut Saturday versus the Rays.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)