May 14, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
He was forced to exit the game against the Rangers because of an upset stomach. … Cespedes ran out to center field to warm up for the fifth inning but ran back to the dugout before the frame began.
I’m sure most human beings can relate to the agony involved in having an “upset stomach” in a public place, but I can’t even imagine that happening while you’re playing a sport in front of thousands of people in the crowd and on television.
And then doofus bloggers write about it the next day, too. Poor guy.
(The good news, however, is that Cespedes is now qualified to be a guest on Doug Mand’s podcast.)
UPDATE: OK, so I’m told Cespedes may have swallowed his chewing tobacco, which is a slightly different kind of “upset stomach” than I’d assumed. But still. Rough night.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)