May 14, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
He was forced to exit the game against the Rangers because of an upset stomach. … Cespedes ran out to center field to warm up for the fifth inning but ran back to the dugout before the frame began.
I’m sure most human beings can relate to the agony involved in having an “upset stomach” in a public place, but I can’t even imagine that happening while you’re playing a sport in front of thousands of people in the crowd and on television.
And then doofus bloggers write about it the next day, too. Poor guy.
(The good news, however, is that Cespedes is now qualified to be a guest on Doug Mand’s podcast.)
UPDATE: OK, so I’m told Cespedes may have swallowed his chewing tobacco, which is a slightly different kind of “upset stomach” than I’d assumed. But still. Rough night.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)