May 14, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
He was forced to exit the game against the Rangers because of an upset stomach. … Cespedes ran out to center field to warm up for the fifth inning but ran back to the dugout before the frame began.
I’m sure most human beings can relate to the agony involved in having an “upset stomach” in a public place, but I can’t even imagine that happening while you’re playing a sport in front of thousands of people in the crowd and on television.
And then doofus bloggers write about it the next day, too. Poor guy.
(The good news, however, is that Cespedes is now qualified to be a guest on Doug Mand’s podcast.)
UPDATE: OK, so I’m told Cespedes may have swallowed his chewing tobacco, which is a slightly different kind of “upset stomach” than I’d assumed. But still. Rough night.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)