May 14, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
He was forced to exit the game against the Rangers because of an upset stomach. … Cespedes ran out to center field to warm up for the fifth inning but ran back to the dugout before the frame began.
I’m sure most human beings can relate to the agony involved in having an “upset stomach” in a public place, but I can’t even imagine that happening while you’re playing a sport in front of thousands of people in the crowd and on television.
And then doofus bloggers write about it the next day, too. Poor guy.
(The good news, however, is that Cespedes is now qualified to be a guest on Doug Mand’s podcast.)
UPDATE: OK, so I’m told Cespedes may have swallowed his chewing tobacco, which is a slightly different kind of “upset stomach” than I’d assumed. But still. Rough night.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)