May 14, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
Marc Carig of Newsday reports that Mets prospect Zack Wheeler has been pulled out of the rotation at Triple-A Las Vegas and sent to New York City for an examination by team doctors after complaining of some soreness in his right clavicle (or collarbone).
The Mets do not think that Wheeler has a serious injury and are hopeful that he will be ready to rejoin the Las Vegas 51s at some point next week.
Wheeler has posted a 3.74 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 47/18 K/BB ratio in 43 1/3 innings this season in the minor leagues. The 22-year-old right-hander should arrive in the major leagues for good later this summer.
Wheeler ranked 11th on Baseball America‘s listing of the Top 100 prospects this past winter.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 3
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 2
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)