May 15, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Crisp returned in the minimum 15 days and does so without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, so he must be feeling pretty good. He’ll resume leading off and starting in center field, which is a nice boost to a banged-up A’s outfield.
Crisp, who’s been on the DL four times in four seasons with Oakland, was off to a great start before the injury while hitting .283 with five homers, 10 doubles, and a .943 OPS in 24 games.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (282)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)