May 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Jayson Werth is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the current plan is for Werth to come off the disabled list Saturday, which would be the first day he’s eligible to do so.
Werth was off to a relatively slow start before the injury, hitting .260 with four homers and a .708 OPS in 27 games.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 58
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)