May 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Jayson Werth is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the current plan is for Werth to come off the disabled list Saturday, which would be the first day he’s eligible to do so.
Werth was off to a relatively slow start before the injury, hitting .260 with four homers and a .708 OPS in 27 games.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)