May 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Jayson Werth is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the current plan is for Werth to come off the disabled list Saturday, which would be the first day he’s eligible to do so.
Werth was off to a relatively slow start before the injury, hitting .260 with four homers and a .708 OPS in 27 games.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)