May 15, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Jayson Werth is scheduled to begin a brief minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A as he comes back from a hamstring injury.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the current plan is for Werth to come off the disabled list Saturday, which would be the first day he’s eligible to do so.
Werth was off to a relatively slow start before the injury, hitting .260 with four homers and a .708 OPS in 27 games.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)