May 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Back in 2010 Jeremy Affeldt negotiated a deal with the Giants in which he was to be paid $4 million that year. Someone mistakenly wrote in $4.5 million in the paperwork and, according to everyone involved, including Giants officials, Affeldt was totally within his legal rights to keep it. Who turns down a free-and-clear half a million bucks?
Affeldt does. Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle relays what happened with all of that as told by Affeldt in his latest book. I would hope we’d all feel the way Affeldt did in that situation. Not sure we all would, though.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)