May 15, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Back in 2010 Jeremy Affeldt negotiated a deal with the Giants in which he was to be paid $4 million that year. Someone mistakenly wrote in $4.5 million in the paperwork and, according to everyone involved, including Giants officials, Affeldt was totally within his legal rights to keep it. Who turns down a free-and-clear half a million bucks?
Affeldt does. Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle relays what happened with all of that as told by Affeldt in his latest book. I would hope we’d all feel the way Affeldt did in that situation. Not sure we all would, though.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)