May 15, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto‘s minor-league rehab assignment is over after two starts at Single-A and John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that he’ll come off the disabled list to start for the Reds on Monday.
Cueto allowed one run in eight innings while rehabbing, striking out eight and walking zero, so he certainly seems ready to return after sitting out a month with lat and oblique injuries.
No word yet on who’ll be bumped from the Reds’ rotation. Based on merit it would be Mike Leake, who has a 4.32 ERA in seven starts and wasn’t much good last season. Based on veteran-ness Leake might stick around, in which case rookie left-hander Tony Cingrani could lose his spot despite being extremely impressive with a 2.89 ERA and 37/7 K/BB ratio in 28 innings.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 129
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (129)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)