May 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
We’ve been hearing early June for Mark Teixeira‘s return for some time. Today Teixeira said maybe it’ll be a bit earlier than that:
Mark Teixeira said yesterday his rehab is going “great” and he expects to be playing in big league games before June 1st.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 15, 2013
I never thought I’d root for the Yankees, but they need to keep winning once Teixeira, Jeter, A-Rod and everyone comes back or else we’re going to have months of hearing stuff about how the stars killed the awesome team chemistry they developed early in the season. And I really don’t think I can handle that.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)