May 15, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
We’ve been hearing early June for Mark Teixeira‘s return for some time. Today Teixeira said maybe it’ll be a bit earlier than that:
Mark Teixeira said yesterday his rehab is going “great” and he expects to be playing in big league games before June 1st.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 15, 2013
I never thought I’d root for the Yankees, but they need to keep winning once Teixeira, Jeter, A-Rod and everyone comes back or else we’re going to have months of hearing stuff about how the stars killed the awesome team chemistry they developed early in the season. And I really don’t think I can handle that.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)