May 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Phillies setup man Mike Adams hasn’t made an appearance since last Friday because of lower back discomfort. And he’s not getting closer to returning.
According to John Finger of CSNPhilly.com, the right-hander experienced lingering pain in his back Tuesday while trying to play catch and could be placed on the 15-day disabled list at some point this week. “I’ve pitched through a lot of injuries and pains,” said Adams. “I couldn’t even get through it.”
Adams was given an anti-inflammatory injection on Wednesday. If that doesn’t do the trick, the Phillies will almost certainly remove him from the active roster and call up a bullpen reinforcement.
The 34-year-old has posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.33 WHIP in 15 innings (17 appearances) this season for Philadelphia. He signed a two-year, $12 million free agent contract with the Phillies this past winter.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)