May 15, 2013, 10:29 PM EST
Phillies setup man Mike Adams hasn’t made an appearance since last Friday because of lower back discomfort. And he’s not getting closer to returning.
According to John Finger of CSNPhilly.com, the right-hander experienced lingering pain in his back Tuesday while trying to play catch and could be placed on the 15-day disabled list at some point this week. “I’ve pitched through a lot of injuries and pains,” said Adams. “I couldn’t even get through it.”
Adams was given an anti-inflammatory injection on Wednesday. If that doesn’t do the trick, the Phillies will almost certainly remove him from the active roster and call up a bullpen reinforcement.
The 34-year-old has posted a 3.00 ERA and 1.33 WHIP in 15 innings (17 appearances) this season for Philadelphia. He signed a two-year, $12 million free agent contract with the Phillies this past winter.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)