May 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I know we’ve had a couple of posts on this recently, but those were by people I don’t know. I know Jay Jaffe, however, and he knows beer. He even makes his own. Strains it with his epic mustache, I’m going to assume.
So when he writes about the best ballpark beer, it’s worth reading. Especially because, like me, Jay does not appear to be a total hophead. I like a good pale ale, but the “insane hops cranked up to 11″ trent is tiresome for me. Porters and stouts and quality summer brews and stuff like that are my friends.
With that in mind I will take issue with his Comerica Park choice — Bell’s Oberon is better than the Founder’s IPA — but overall these are fine choices.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)