May 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
I know we’ve had a couple of posts on this recently, but those were by people I don’t know. I know Jay Jaffe, however, and he knows beer. He even makes his own. Strains it with his epic mustache, I’m going to assume.
So when he writes about the best ballpark beer, it’s worth reading. Especially because, like me, Jay does not appear to be a total hophead. I like a good pale ale, but the “insane hops cranked up to 11″ trent is tiresome for me. Porters and stouts and quality summer brews and stuff like that are my friends.
With that in mind I will take issue with his Comerica Park choice — Bell’s Oberon is better than the Founder’s IPA — but overall these are fine choices.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 28
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 76
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 128
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (128)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)