May 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I know we’ve had a couple of posts on this recently, but those were by people I don’t know. I know Jay Jaffe, however, and he knows beer. He even makes his own. Strains it with his epic mustache, I’m going to assume.
So when he writes about the best ballpark beer, it’s worth reading. Especially because, like me, Jay does not appear to be a total hophead. I like a good pale ale, but the “insane hops cranked up to 11″ trent is tiresome for me. Porters and stouts and quality summer brews and stuff like that are my friends.
With that in mind I will take issue with his Comerica Park choice — Bell’s Oberon is better than the Founder’s IPA — but overall these are fine choices.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)