May 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
I know we’ve had a couple of posts on this recently, but those were by people I don’t know. I know Jay Jaffe, however, and he knows beer. He even makes his own. Strains it with his epic mustache, I’m going to assume.
So when he writes about the best ballpark beer, it’s worth reading. Especially because, like me, Jay does not appear to be a total hophead. I like a good pale ale, but the “insane hops cranked up to 11″ trent is tiresome for me. Porters and stouts and quality summer brews and stuff like that are my friends.
With that in mind I will take issue with his Comerica Park choice — Bell’s Oberon is better than the Founder’s IPA — but overall these are fine choices.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)