May 15, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
I know we’ve had a couple of posts on this recently, but those were by people I don’t know. I know Jay Jaffe, however, and he knows beer. He even makes his own. Strains it with his epic mustache, I’m going to assume.
So when he writes about the best ballpark beer, it’s worth reading. Especially because, like me, Jay does not appear to be a total hophead. I like a good pale ale, but the “insane hops cranked up to 11″ trent is tiresome for me. Porters and stouts and quality summer brews and stuff like that are my friends.
With that in mind I will take issue with his Comerica Park choice — Bell’s Oberon is better than the Founder’s IPA — but overall these are fine choices.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 11
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 179
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (179)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)