May 15, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
“All good,” Wheeler’s agent Al Goetz said via text message. “No structural damage.”
He’ll miss a start, likely as much due to having to travel from Las Vegas to New York to see the big club’s doctors than anything else, but looks OK.
After a rough start to his Triple-A season Wheeler has ripped off three straight good starts. If the patten continues he’ll be in Queens before too long, one has to guess.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)