May 15, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
“All good,” Wheeler’s agent Al Goetz said via text message. “No structural damage.”
He’ll miss a start, likely as much due to having to travel from Las Vegas to New York to see the big club’s doctors than anything else, but looks OK.
After a rough start to his Triple-A season Wheeler has ripped off three straight good starts. If the patten continues he’ll be in Queens before too long, one has to guess.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (142)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)