May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
As we noted yesterday, Billy-Ball is mounting a campaign to have Marinao Rivera start the All-Star Game. Mariano Rivera, for his part, is not interested:
— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) May 16, 2013
I love Kernan’s addition of the “#Class” hashtag. Reporters have spent 20 years telling us that Mariano Rivera is “classy.” And while I don’t doubt that he is, I wonder what it is about reporters that make them feel they continually need to do that.
Anyway, glad to see Rivera nip this in the bud. Very classy move.
Damn. Now I’m doing it.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)