May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
As we noted yesterday, Billy-Ball is mounting a campaign to have Marinao Rivera start the All-Star Game. Mariano Rivera, for his part, is not interested:
— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) May 16, 2013
I love Kernan’s addition of the “#Class” hashtag. Reporters have spent 20 years telling us that Mariano Rivera is “classy.” And while I don’t doubt that he is, I wonder what it is about reporters that make them feel they continually need to do that.
Anyway, glad to see Rivera nip this in the bud. Very classy move.
Damn. Now I’m doing it.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 73
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)