May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
As we noted yesterday, Billy-Ball is mounting a campaign to have Marinao Rivera start the All-Star Game. Mariano Rivera, for his part, is not interested:
— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) May 16, 2013
I love Kernan’s addition of the “#Class” hashtag. Reporters have spent 20 years telling us that Mariano Rivera is “classy.” And while I don’t doubt that he is, I wonder what it is about reporters that make them feel they continually need to do that.
Anyway, glad to see Rivera nip this in the bud. Very classy move.
Damn. Now I’m doing it.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)