May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
As we noted yesterday, Billy-Ball is mounting a campaign to have Marinao Rivera start the All-Star Game. Mariano Rivera, for his part, is not interested:
— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) May 16, 2013
I love Kernan’s addition of the “#Class” hashtag. Reporters have spent 20 years telling us that Mariano Rivera is “classy.” And while I don’t doubt that he is, I wonder what it is about reporters that make them feel they continually need to do that.
Anyway, glad to see Rivera nip this in the bud. Very classy move.
Damn. Now I’m doing it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)