May 16, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
As we noted yesterday, Billy-Ball is mounting a campaign to have Marinao Rivera start the All-Star Game. Mariano Rivera, for his part, is not interested:
— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) May 16, 2013
I love Kernan’s addition of the “#Class” hashtag. Reporters have spent 20 years telling us that Mariano Rivera is “classy.” And while I don’t doubt that he is, I wonder what it is about reporters that make them feel they continually need to do that.
Anyway, glad to see Rivera nip this in the bud. Very classy move.
Damn. Now I’m doing it.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)