May 16, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Reid Ryan is the new Astros president.
8:23 AM: Astros team president George Postolos stepped down the other day. Here’s a delicious rumor: he could be replaced by Nolan Ryan’s son. The report from MyFoxHouston:
FOX 26 Sports has learned Reid Ryan, son of Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan, is being strongly considered by the Houston Astros to become the team’s next president … Ryan, 41, is the president and CEO of Ryan Sanders Baseball, Inc., which controls the Round Rock Express, a Triple-A franchise near Austin, and the Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks.
Father is the CEO of the Rangers, son could be the president of the Astros? This is all so … medieval. Maybe the Angels or Mets could hire Ryan’s wife and we could see some weird clan war unfold.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17