May 16, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Reid Ryan is the new Astros president.
8:23 AM: Astros team president George Postolos stepped down the other day. Here’s a delicious rumor: he could be replaced by Nolan Ryan’s son. The report from MyFoxHouston:
FOX 26 Sports has learned Reid Ryan, son of Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan, is being strongly considered by the Houston Astros to become the team’s next president … Ryan, 41, is the president and CEO of Ryan Sanders Baseball, Inc., which controls the Round Rock Express, a Triple-A franchise near Austin, and the Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks.
Father is the CEO of the Rangers, son could be the president of the Astros? This is all so … medieval. Maybe the Angels or Mets could hire Ryan’s wife and we could see some weird clan war unfold.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)