May 16, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Reid Ryan is the new Astros president.
8:23 AM: Astros team president George Postolos stepped down the other day. Here’s a delicious rumor: he could be replaced by Nolan Ryan’s son. The report from MyFoxHouston:
FOX 26 Sports has learned Reid Ryan, son of Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan, is being strongly considered by the Houston Astros to become the team’s next president … Ryan, 41, is the president and CEO of Ryan Sanders Baseball, Inc., which controls the Round Rock Express, a Triple-A franchise near Austin, and the Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks.
Father is the CEO of the Rangers, son could be the president of the Astros? This is all so … medieval. Maybe the Angels or Mets could hire Ryan’s wife and we could see some weird clan war unfold.
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 23
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)