May 16, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s official. Reid Ryan is the new Astros president.
8:23 AM: Astros team president George Postolos stepped down the other day. Here’s a delicious rumor: he could be replaced by Nolan Ryan’s son. The report from MyFoxHouston:
FOX 26 Sports has learned Reid Ryan, son of Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan, is being strongly considered by the Houston Astros to become the team’s next president … Ryan, 41, is the president and CEO of Ryan Sanders Baseball, Inc., which controls the Round Rock Express, a Triple-A franchise near Austin, and the Double-A Corpus Christi Hooks.
Father is the CEO of the Rangers, son could be the president of the Astros? This is all so … medieval. Maybe the Angels or Mets could hire Ryan’s wife and we could see some weird clan war unfold.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)