May 16, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
Josh Lindblom is expected to take Ogando’s place in the rotation beginning Monday, which is interesting because all 101 of his big-league appearances have come out of the bullpen. Lindblom has spent all of this season starting at Triple-A, however.
As for Ogando, he’s shown no signs of arm problems while starting nine games with a 3.08 ERA and 37/19 K/BB ratio in 50 innings. Ogando has alternated bullpen and rotation roles, starting this season and in 2011 after relieving in 2010 and 2012.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 35
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 13
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)