May 16, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Josh Lindblom is expected to take Ogando’s place in the rotation beginning Monday, which is interesting because all 101 of his big-league appearances have come out of the bullpen. Lindblom has spent all of this season starting at Triple-A, however.
As for Ogando, he’s shown no signs of arm problems while starting nine games with a 3.08 ERA and 37/19 K/BB ratio in 50 innings. Ogando has alternated bullpen and rotation roles, starting this season and in 2011 after relieving in 2010 and 2012.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)