May 16, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Josh Lindblom is expected to take Ogando’s place in the rotation beginning Monday, which is interesting because all 101 of his big-league appearances have come out of the bullpen. Lindblom has spent all of this season starting at Triple-A, however.
As for Ogando, he’s shown no signs of arm problems while starting nine games with a 3.08 ERA and 37/19 K/BB ratio in 50 innings. Ogando has alternated bullpen and rotation roles, starting this season and in 2011 after relieving in 2010 and 2012.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)