May 16, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Josh Lindblom is expected to take Ogando’s place in the rotation beginning Monday, which is interesting because all 101 of his big-league appearances have come out of the bullpen. Lindblom has spent all of this season starting at Triple-A, however.
As for Ogando, he’s shown no signs of arm problems while starting nine games with a 3.08 ERA and 37/19 K/BB ratio in 50 innings. Ogando has alternated bullpen and rotation roles, starting this season and in 2011 after relieving in 2010 and 2012.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)