May 16, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
David Price has been placed on the disabled list after leaving yesterday’s start with a strained triceps.
To take his spot on the roster the Rays called up left-lander Alex Torres, who’s spent most of the past three seasons at Triple-A throwing 253 innings with a 4.13 ERA and 296/160 K/BB ratio. Torres has big-time stuff and racks up tons of strikeouts, but shaky control has kept him from emerging as a better prospect and he’s already 25 years old.
Price has struggled all season, following up his Cy Young-winning campaign with a 5.24 ERA, but for now at least the Rays seem confident that he’ll only miss 2-3 starts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)