May 16, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT
“I regret the choice of words. I certainly respect the New York fans, they are the most knowledgeable I’ve been around. They know the game, the players, the people. I’m a human being, I may have used a bad choice of words, but I’m also frustrated.”
Who wouldn’t be? But man, you just can’t give the tabloid and talk radio guys fodder in that town, especially when you’re losing.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)