May 17, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Tribune makes a great point when he says this year’s Cubs team is “not good enough to capture our attention completely, and not bad enough to ignore totally.” Such is life for most rebuilding teams. But he provides a fantastic service today in telling Cubs fans what they should pay attention to and what they shouldn’t.
… Tune out: When the Budweiser patio is shown. The proliferation of patios in the Wrigley renovation suggests ownership enjoys promoting the idea of fans talking on cell phones and not paying attention to the product on the field.
Maybe Cubs fans know this stuff, but it’s actually pretty handy for non-Cubs fans who like to flip around the dial and take in games from random teams. Because really, there are very few truly unwatchable baseball teams. The hard part is just knowing when to watch.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 14
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 63
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)