May 17, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
This doesn’t narrow it down too much. Maybe it eliminates the idea of “skip a start and wait and see,” but it’s still unclear if Pettitte will take his next turn:
The team hasn’t decided what to do with Andy Pettitte. Girardi said he would likely either make his next start or hit DL.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 17, 2013
If you missed it, he left last night’s start with a tight left trapezius muscle.
Obviously you don’t want to see him on the DL, but I feel like not DLing one of the Yankees older stars would be messing with the continuity and chemistry they’ve so expertly cultivated this year.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)