May 17, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
This doesn’t narrow it down too much. Maybe it eliminates the idea of “skip a start and wait and see,” but it’s still unclear if Pettitte will take his next turn:
The team hasn’t decided what to do with Andy Pettitte. Girardi said he would likely either make his next start or hit DL.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 17, 2013
If you missed it, he left last night’s start with a tight left trapezius muscle.
Obviously you don’t want to see him on the DL, but I feel like not DLing one of the Yankees older stars would be messing with the continuity and chemistry they’ve so expertly cultivated this year.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)