May 17, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
This doesn’t narrow it down too much. Maybe it eliminates the idea of “skip a start and wait and see,” but it’s still unclear if Pettitte will take his next turn:
The team hasn’t decided what to do with Andy Pettitte. Girardi said he would likely either make his next start or hit DL.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 17, 2013
If you missed it, he left last night’s start with a tight left trapezius muscle.
Obviously you don’t want to see him on the DL, but I feel like not DLing one of the Yankees older stars would be messing with the continuity and chemistry they’ve so expertly cultivated this year.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)