May 17, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Matt Harvey held the Cubs to two runs in 7.1 innings this afternoon and delivered the game-winning RBI single in a 3-2 Mets victory.
Harvey is now 5-0 with a 1.55 ERA in nine starts this season, posting an awesome 68/14 K/BB ratio in 64 innings. And he’s a career .243 hitter.
Harvey walked zero batters for the second time in three starts after walking at least one batter in each of his first 16 starts and averaging 3.4 walks per nine innings during that span. If his improved control is for real and Harvey has already figured out to harness his incredible raw stuff at age 24 … wow.
After 19 career starts he has a 2.12 ERA with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings and a .175 opponents’ batting average.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)