May 17, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
Matt Harvey held the Cubs to two runs in 7.1 innings this afternoon and delivered the game-winning RBI single in a 3-2 Mets victory.
Harvey is now 5-0 with a 1.55 ERA in nine starts this season, posting an awesome 68/14 K/BB ratio in 64 innings. And he’s a career .243 hitter.
Harvey walked zero batters for the second time in three starts after walking at least one batter in each of his first 16 starts and averaging 3.4 walks per nine innings during that span. If his improved control is for real and Harvey has already figured out to harness his incredible raw stuff at age 24 … wow.
After 19 career starts he has a 2.12 ERA with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings and a .175 opponents’ batting average.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 2
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 28
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)