May 17, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
MLB.com Twins beat writer Rhett Bollinger spoke to Twins assistant GM Rob Antony, asking how Rich Harden’s rehab was going. Antony replied, “Slow. Not very well to be honest with you.”
The Twins signed Harden to a one-year Minor League contract in December, agreeing to pay him $1 million if he made it to the Majors. Harden, though, has been recovering from surgery on his right shoulder, but felt soreness while throwing a few weeks ago.
Harden hasn’t pitched at the Major League level since 2011 with the Athletics, when he posted a 5.12 ERA in 15 starts between July and September.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)