May 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Nolan Reimold hasn’t played in a game in a week and now the Orioles have placed him on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain.
Reimold has been nursing a hamstring issue since the first week of the season, but he has remained on the active roster until now. However, it’s likely a big reason why he’s batting just .188/.257/.327 with four homers and a 30/10 K/BB ratio through 113 plate appearances this season.
The Orioles made a host of additional roster moves this afternoon, as Jair Jurrjens and Jake Arrieta were called up from Triple-A Norfolk while Alex Burnett was sent down and Brian Roberts was transferred to the 60-day disabled list. Jurrjens is slated to start this afternoon against the Rays.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)