May 18, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Nolan Reimold hasn’t played in a game in a week and now the Orioles have placed him on the disabled list with a right hamstring strain.
Reimold has been nursing a hamstring issue since the first week of the season, but he has remained on the active roster until now. However, it’s likely a big reason why he’s batting just .188/.257/.327 with four homers and a 30/10 K/BB ratio through 113 plate appearances this season.
The Orioles made a host of additional roster moves this afternoon, as Jair Jurrjens and Jake Arrieta were called up from Triple-A Norfolk while Alex Burnett was sent down and Brian Roberts was transferred to the 60-day disabled list. Jurrjens is slated to start this afternoon against the Rays.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8