May 18, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
With Johnny Cueto slated to return from a lat strain on Monday, the Reds have optioned left-hander Tony Cingrani back to Triple-A Louisville. Neftali Solo has been called up to take his place on the active roster.
Cingrani was pretty impressive during his first stint in the majors, posting a 3.27 ERA and 41/9 K/BB ratio in 33 innings over seven starts. However, he allowed nine runs and five homers in 15 innings over his last three starts and had some minor shoulder soreness earlier this week.
Mike Leake, who owns a 3.72 ERA through nine starts this season, will keep his rotation spot for now. But he won’t have a long leash with Cingrani looming as an alternative at Triple-A.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8