May 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Tim Federowicz was optioned to the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate in Albuquerque to open up a roster spot.
Ellis is in the Dodgers’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon against the Braves, hitting second and playing second base. He was on the shelf for about three weeks with a strained right quadriceps muscle.
The 35-year-old returns to a sparkling .342/.363/.452 batting line. He is a .266/.331/.395 career hitter.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)