May 19, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Logan Morrison is finally making steady progress in his recovery from September 2012 knee surgery.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, the Marlins first baseman is scheduled to begin playing in minor league rehab games on Monday with the High-A Jupiter Hammerheads. He’s spent the past week-plus taking at-bats in games at extended spring training and has reported no issues so far.
Morrison could rejoin Miami at some point in early June if everything goes smoothly. The 25-year-old hit .230/.308/.399 with 11 home runs, 15 doubles and 36 RBI in 93 games last season.
Greg Dobbs has been serving as the Marlins’ starting first baseman in recent weeks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)