May 19, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
From Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest comes word that the Rangers have placed second baseman Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list with an intercostal muscle strain and recalled top infield prospect Jurickson Profar to fill the roster vacancy.
Kinsler suffered the strain Thursday while trying to duck out of the way of a pitch during an at-bat. He’s likely to be sidelined for at least three weeks, which will give us all a nice extended look at Profar — largely considered the top prospect in the sport.
Profar was batting .278/.370/.438 with four home runs, six stolen bases and 27 runs scored in 37 games this season at Triple-A Round Rock. The 20-year-old can play either shortstop or second base.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)