May 20, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
I actually don’t believe in teams of destiny. At least not in May. I’ve seen too many teams suck for five months, get hot in September and October and then win it all or at least come close. My 1993 Braves made a giant trade in 1993, heralded by literal flames, and then went on an otherwordly run to win an epic playoff race … only to lose in the NLCS. This ain’t a fairytale, it’s baseball.
But the Indians are probably going to get some team of destiny heat in the next 24 hours or so. This after yet another dramatic win today, 10-8 over the Mariners. This over the Seattle Mariners, powered by two homers from Yan Gomes, including a walkoff job in the 10th, giving them a come-from-behind victory. Indeed, they found themselves behind three times in this game before the win.
The Tribe has won 18 of 22. And it doesn’t feel like they’re going anyplace.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 4
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)